Tuesday, September 4, 2012

First Day Of School (Advice, short story, and eye openers)

This day has come [sadly] where did summer go!

Does everyone feel like summer goes faster then the school year? It should be the other way around where the school year goes by fast and summer goes on like Phineas and Ferb's summer! Am I right?

Ok so I felt that this post was very important. Even though some of you probably already started school, your first day of school has already past and I think that deserves a CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! Because you made it through the first day of school alive! So I take my hat off to you my friend.

But to those of you have are starting school tomorrow like myself [sadly] I would like to share some short little stories of my first day of high school.

Now if you are going to be a freshman here is some advice for you:

1. Don't be late! You don't want to start the school year off with a bad start because pretty much the teachers will think you are one of those kids who are late all the time and you don't want that.
2. Make sure you find a good route to all your classes. A good route would be the fastest without running because you know teachers "NO RUNNING IN THE HALLS" and if you do run... BOOM you probably have detention.
3. Don't listen to seniors unless you know them and you know they won't mess with you. Seniors like to mess with freshman sometimes so if your lost, ask a teacher they would be more than happy to help you.
4. Don't be a suck up to your teachers. You don't want to be labeled as the Teachers Pet. Be nice to the teacher, get on their good side, don't cause trouble and you'll have a good year with that teacher.

Now I know for freshman that High School looks pretty scary. Its not. You don't get stuffed in lockers, you don't get your head dunked in the toilet. That doesn't happen anymore. Nothing really to worry about. Just go to school, go to class, and go home. And stick with your friends.

High school does change people and sometimes you find out things about people you never before. And I know you are saying this right now "I'm not going to let high school change me or High school is not going to change me." You are wrong my friend. High school changes everyone. The meanest people in middle school won't be the meanest people in high school because they find out there are people worse then them and they become a little bit nicer. But not always. High School will change you without even realizing it. And thats ok, don't worry. Sometimes change is a good thing. BUT!!!!!! If you start to be mean to your friends and start making friends with the wrong people, something is wrong there and YOU NEED TO CHECK YOURSELF! Your personality shouldn't be the thing thats changing!!! If you don't even know who you are anymore, then THERES A PROBLEM! Don't be a jerk to your friends! You could lose them!

Now I know you have questions about High School. These are probably some of the questions you want answers to, and here are the answers to:

Q: Are all teachers mean?

A: Nope! But there is always that teacher that gets you really mad or scares you a little bit. If you end up with one of those teachers, then, BE A GOOD STUDENT! Don't get on their mean side (and yes they will have a meaner side trust me)

Q: Do teachers give a lot of homework just to torture us?

A: HELL NO! Teachers hate grading homework as much as we hate doing it. They will give you (some nights not all) a lot of homework, but thats just to make sure you understand all the material that you learned in class and they want to make sure you understand so they don't have to explain it the next day.

Q: Do we have a lot of in between classes?

A: It depends on the school, but I know for a fact that there is enough time for you to get to one class to another and MAYBE go to your locker to get your books or binders or whatever, but don't waste time! If its five minutes, it may seem like a lot, but in reality, it isn't. So get to class and try not to be late.

If you have any other questions please don't be shy, comment and I WILL answer your question as best as I can :)

Now heres my little story of my first day of high school:

I was new to the town and I didn't know anyone but one person and she was a sophomore (I met her on the volleyball team) So i didn't understand this weird block scheduling thing so I walked into the wrong classroom filled with upper classman, all staring at me. I was so embarrassed. I walked out and was like OMFG THAT WAS SO EMBARRASSING! And I was late for my next class. Now I make sure where I'm going so that doesn't happen again.

Now I know it was a pretty much a pointless story for you RIGHT NOW, but if I didn't tell the story and that happened to you, then you'll feel like your the only person that had that happen to them. But your not, and you won't feel totally embarrassed knowing more people have done that.

I hope this helps you a bit. If you have any questions, like I said DON'T BE SHY AND COMMENT :) I WILL answer all the questions as best as I can. I hope you have a great first day (by that I mean, GOOD LUCK and YOU WILL NOT DIE [hopefully] {haha} Sorry I'm kidding your not going to die.) And I if you have any funny or embarrassing first day of school stories you would like to share, please share them with me. I would love to read them (they can be anonymous, you don't have to tell me who its about I'll keep it a secret :)

Good Luck and enjoy the High School experience because you only go through high school once (hopefully) 

No comments:

Post a Comment