Friday, November 30, 2012

He Got Through It, So Can You

This post is about my friend Tyler and his story of being bullied. I found Ty on twitter and realized we share a similar story. Our stories similar but still different. Reading his story and getting to know Ty alittle better helped me realize we both are doing the same thing and trying to end Bullying. Here's his story.

Hello everyone. My name is Tyler. I'm a 16 year old kid going through the same cycle that most teens go through. School, sports, and playing guitar/singing takes up most my time. But that's not what I'm here to talk about. I'm here to talk about how I am where I am today to give you hope. It all started about 2 years ago. I went to school, had friends, but a lot of people didn't like me. Specifically how I dressed. I was a prep. I did my hair, wore button ups and a tight pair of jeans. I was called gay, and a faggot and everything but the thing is.. Is I liked girls! Always have. I just dressed to impress;). It seems like no matter what I did or what I wore I would have people attack me. As time moved on I started dating some girls. And I don't know about you but when I enter a relationship I pour everything I am into and always try my hardest to keep her happy. I went through some pretty rough break ups and began to be depressed. I wasn't good enough. I would tell myself every day. Why am I even here!? I stopped doing activities I loved and I walked away From my friends. No matter what I did I couldn't get over the break ups because I cared so much. So girls are a huge part of me and always will be. Time moved on and in Freshman and sophomore year I began to really become religious. My beliefs in God push me through every day to be the best person I can be. I started posting my beliefs on Facebook and got verbally attacked pretty bad. Kids would friend me just to write how horrible of a person I was for being a Christian. I was told to kill myself and pretty much just pushed to the very edge. Before anything got really bad. I went to seek help. I told one of my teachers I could trust most who then told counselors who then worked with me to become the kid I used to be. It took a ton of effort and a lot of pain but I got through it. Yes I'm sad once in awhile but I'm mostly happy. I created this account on August 18th, 2012 to help anyone struggling with any problem. I know how hard it can be but with the right support you can make it through. I'm here for you. Ill help you every step of the way become who you want to be. Embrace your individuality. I don't care if you're black, white, hispanic, gay, lesbian, tall, short, fat, thin, loud, annoying, or don't have many friends. I'm here for you. You deserve a life like the rest. #StayStrong and we can #StopBullying

His story is inspiring! And I have seen his story help so many others! Yes, one person can start a movement! He has made his twitter to help others and I have made this blog to do the same! We are never alone and I would never want anyone to think they were ever alone and I don't think Tyler would want that either! Being able to work with Tyler is incredible! He's the sweetest person ever! I love working with him on this post! Having someone with a similar story as me is amazing! They understand you so much and know where you are coming from. I think that's why Tyler and I get along haha. When I read his story I felt connected in a someway. I felt as if I needed to talk to him and I did. Just knowing that we are both trying to do the same thing is amazing! There are so many Tyler Warriors out there writing Tyler Warriors on their wrists and it's amazing. Seeing how many Warriors there are out there is incredible! I love seeing the Tyler Warriors being one big family and helping each other out! It's a beautiful thing and I hope I see more of it!

As y'all know I've been talking to Tyler and I asked him acouple questions:

1. Sam: What is the inspiration behind your account?
Ty: I want to help as many people as I can through the grace and love of God.

2. Sam: Thats beautiful! What is the feeling you get when you have helped someone stop cutting or stopped them from talking their life?
Ty: I feel like I'm actually giving people hope even through its just on a computer screen. I feel a sense of pride for sure.

3. Sam: I can see your making a difference. How does it feel knowing the Tyler Warriors all have each others backs?
Ty: Awesome! I give mad props to the person that came up with the name and we have about 300 people with that written on their wrists! And 7 twitter accounts called #TylersWarriors supported by them.

4. Sam: Wow that's incredible! I am a Tyler Warrior myself yeah know haha. If you could change the past and take away the bullying you went through, would you?
Ty: Actually, I wouldn't . It taught me many life lessons and if I wasn't ever bullied I wouldn't have made this account. It shows how much God can have an impact on our lives.

5. Sam: That's what I always thought after I was bullied. What are you thankful for through this journey you have taken?
Ty: I'm thankful for all the positivity it has created and the kind feedback I get daily!

6. Sam: Thats so sweet!!! Would you like to work with me again in the near future?
Ty: Yes! Forsure! You are amazing :)

Well Awwwww thank you so much! Your amazing as well Tyler. Looking forward to working with you again in the near future! :)

"I want to help as many people as I can through the grace and love of God" - Tyler.

I was bullied for what I wore as well as you all have read in past posts. But we were both able to get through it! Know that you are not alone and that there are people out there who share similar stories like Tyler and myself. Both of us want to stop bullying. We both want to help others get through what we have gone through. I am glad I have become friends with Tyler. And hopefully we can do another post together in the near future. So please, know that you do matter! People do love and care about you! You were put on this earth and given this life for a reason. You deserve to live this life! If you need someone to talk to, you can talk to me or Tyler or both. I'll put his twitter in the Contact Me page. #StayStrong #StopBullying #HelpEndBullying #TylersWarriors and my #TheFighters stay strong :)





No comments:

Post a Comment